pin it

Saturday 19 November 2011

Sky Scarf



A few weeks ago my dear friend lost her mother quite suddenly. Tomorrow would have been her 68th birthday. I know how hard all the 'firsts' are going to be within the first year with her gone. I was trying to think of something to do for her, when I came across this.....



it is called a 'weather' scarf. Everyday for one year you look up at the sky and knit the colours you see. I have changed it slightly calling it a 'sky scarf.' I am going to knit two rows, one for the past and one for the future. I love the way it ties in the sky, which is comforting after losing someone you love.


Here are the colours that I bought......my favourite lady at my favourite yarn shop helped me. It was her idea to add the little fluffy ball at the end to represent clouds. I will let you know how it goes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment