pin it

Monday 16 January 2012

Quick and Easy Banana Bread

I am many things to many people, but "baker" I am not. I try though. Today I found the easiest, yummiest banana bread recipe and as I am sitting here having a piece with a cup of tea, I just couldn't keep this to myself. It wouldn't be fair. I got it from here http://www.simplyrecipes.com/ and throw in strawberries to go with the banana. You really need to do this too!

Here are some pictures of my treat

Hot out of the oven.....can't you smell the goodness?


Time to slice!So good...more like a cake really. Let's pretend it is cake that is good for you!

Here is the recipe:

3-4 ripe bananas (I used 2 and a bunch of strawberries)
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 sugar (the recipe calls for more but you don't need it) (not saying 'you' don't need it and insulting you, just saying the recipe is good without it)
1 egg beaten (forgot to beat it)
1 teaspoon vanilla (put in more as my hand slipped)
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of flour. When I bake I use half whole wheat, half white.

Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter into bananas and strawberries. Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle baking soda and salt. Add flour last and bake for 1 hour. Isn't that easy? I didn't lie. No mixer! Just you and a spoon...baby!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment