pin it

Friday 2 December 2011

A Bit Of Me


Today I took a minute to think about why I love knitting so much. All the basics came to mind such as the feel and texture of the yarn, the many colours that I work with, and the clicking of the needles almost like music. But it is so much more. The thought that I am creating something from basically nothing is so wonderful. Two sticks and some yarn. That is it. I am creating something that starts in my head, travels to my hands and finishes with a little love from my heart. In every piece there is a bit of me. I made pieces for strangers in places I have only heard of. For newborn babies as the first clothes that they have ever worn or blankets they cuddle at bed-time. Even my grandmother was buried with a shawl that I knit her. Whether it has been for warmth or comfort, a tiny piece of me is with all these people. I think that is what I love most about knitting. What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment